NLP – Understanding and Changing Behavior
NLP enables different ways of thinking, perceiving and behaving.
Have you ever thought, “If only I could be more motivated, energetic, confident, persistent, patient, sensitive or open”?
Or … “If only I could be less sensitive to criticism, anxious, bad tempered, impatient, emotional”
Have you ever wondered why sometimes people can be .. uncooperative, frustrating, their own worst enemy, selfish?
The founders of Neuro Linguistic Programming, together with many others over the last 30 years have developed techniques, models, and methods to-
- Become more of the person you have always wanted to be.
- Find joy in everyday tasks and events.
- Achieve important outcomes in the most effective way.
- Be able to learn to do just about anything someone else does well (including skills thought to be innate such as “talents”).
- Become your own best friend.
- Be able to persuade and influence others.
- Develop and maintain quality relationships.
There are many pieces to the NLP puzzle, lots to cover. This site hopes to create a kind of mentoring relationship to help navigate the sometimes-confusing terrain.
The sites purpose is to go beyond the techniques (the hows). To answer for example
- What’s in it for me?
- What can I do when the boss acts like a jerk?
- How can I get myself to cooperate?
- What’s the best thing to use for this problem?
- What does this jargon mean?
- Why do I need to know about this model?
- When should I use a particular method rather than a different one?
- What’s behind the ideas, techniques and processes?
NLP is about learning to see with fresh eyes. It’s about understanding how people work. It’s about understanding our own thinking. It’s about changing our stories to have a happy ending.