How do you know if someone is in a deep hypnosis trance? A number of changes let you know trance is occurring. NLP calls these deep trance indicators. Some of these indicators need good calibration skills and sensory acuity. To see micro muscle changes requires practice and attention. Some are easy to see. They don’t all have to be there of course.
Changes in Physiology
These are signs similar to when a person is falling asleep
- Head dropping
- Shoulder slumping
- Breathing changes
- Muscle tone changes, including micro muscle changes
Here it is the change that is important. If someones skin is pale and soft it doesn’t mean they are in trance.
- Changes in skin tone – skin appears droopy, soft.
- Changes in skin color
- Rapid eye movement
- Glazed or flickering eyes
Changes to the Face and facial muscles
- Changes in the jaw line
- Softening in the head/face relationship
Movements in face and body
If you find yourself doing these things, it might mean you are going into trance, for example when driving (highway hypnosis) and it’s time for a break.
- Involuntary micro movements in the body such as twitching
- Slowing of the heart rate. You can notice the speed of the pulse by watching a persons pulse point in their throat.
- Lip licking is an easy to spot sign